Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Moonfruit 'n Muffins

The time has come- time to dig the computer out from beneath the mountains of snow and update my blog.
I must admit, the transition from holidays and new year back into business mode has been, shall we say, less than graceful this year. But with two show applications due this month I finally had to snap myself back into work mode.
One of the major things I want to accomplish this year is to launch my own ecomm website. As much as I love the ease and convenience of Etsy, I feel like it's really the next step my business(es) need to take.
That being said, when it comes to web design I know nothing.
Nada.
Bupkes.
And so the hunt has been on lately to find an online web design program that'll do some of the heavy lifting, programming-wise. While the decision hasn't QUITE been finalized yet, I'm enjoying Moonfruit.com.
It's pretty simple to drag drop and manipulate, even for the likes of me.
I'm FAR from finished, but these are the beginnings of phase one of this major undertaking:


To calm myself when I get all burned out on computing, I always have the solace of my highly low-tech crafts. I've been working on producing some new items, mainly with my felt, and I'm pretty excited about them.
Here's a little preview of my petit dejeuner fridge magnets to get yer felt tastebuds a'waterin':



(Incidentally, I have my eyes on the most AMAZING retro pink refrigerator toy to display them on. Fingers crossed that it doesn't come to me ripping it from a small child's hands)



Happy February everyone, and happy thoughts for an early spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment